Imagine my surprise when I received a message today telling me fellow blogger Strannyi has nominated me for a Liebster Award.
I vaguely remembered hearing of the award before, but had to do a quick Google search to refresh my memory. Basically, it’s a pay-it-forward thing for bloggers. The rules are to nominate some bloggers who have fewer than somewhere between 200 and 3,000 followers (I don’t get that criteria, either) and leave a message on each blog that they’ve been nominated. Then answer 11 questions the nominator asks and create 11 questions for the new nominees to answer.
So here are Strannyi’s questions, and my answers:
1. What was your first thought upon seeing that you had to answer eleven questions? Shit, I have to answer eleven questions?
2. Why is the sky blue? So poets will have something to write about.
3. Do you think that there is a habitable planet orbiting Gliese 581? I don’t know–but it would be cool if there were two. Especially if one is like Tatooine and the other is like Hoth.
4. Can you read Greek? No. Nor do I eat Greek yogurt, no matter how adorable John Stamos looks in the commercial.
5. For how long have you been blogging? Since this July. I’m a total newbie. Why? Does it show?
6. Do you believe in extraterrestrial life? I’m pretty sure I’ve run into some. I lived in New York City for a long time.
7. How many roads must a man walk down? Before you can call him a man? Since I’m Jewish, I’ll have to say thirteen.
8. Come up with four more questions and answer them. Cheater! So I’m going to cheat and not come up with any.
Now it’s time for me to nominate! Yay!
Here are my questions to the nominees:
1. What is your favorite movie?
2. What is your favorite movie that you’re afraid to admit is really your favorite movie?
3. If you could save time in a bottle, what would you do with it?
4. Do you have Gangnam style?
5. Do you know what Gangnam style is?
6. Have you ever left the continent you were born on?
7. What is your favorite Halloween candy?
8. Would you ever consider becoming one of the first people to colonize Mars?
9. Who is the most interesting person you’ve ever met?
10. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
11. Do you think anyone would pay to see a movie about your life?